Saturday, May 28, 2005

"A" telling me about fatherhood.


This is our little friend "A" who is staying with us, along with his sister "S" while their mom is working out of town for a short while. Well I forgot how funny four year olds can be, it was nice to be reminded:-)
"A" was playing with this dolly that Nam got for her birthday and when she saw him with it, I had to explain to "A" that Nam wasn't very good at sharing it but not to worry as I had something very special for him.
I dug around in the toy box and pulled out this doll. He took one look at it and said "No, thank you." I could almost hear his thoughts. "She take away a cool brand new baby and expects me to play with this beat up, old, naked thing?"
I said, "Are you sure? Did you know that this used to be your mommy's when she was little? She used to play with it all the time"
His eyes got all big and took the doll and said, "Really?" (I guess that made it cool again;-)
"You can keep it if you want, and if you take good care of it then maybe you can give it to your kids." Well that was the sincher. He knew he had the better doll now.
"Well, what do you think of your doll?"
He look at it a few moments and the it was as it he just realized 'Hey, boys' don't have dolls'. He look at me and matter-of-factly said "This isn't MY doll it's my KIDS doll!"
I could help but laugh at that.
That he said "I am going to have LOTS of boys and girls, so they can play mom and dad with it. I'm going to call all the girls 'Seffy' and all the boys 'Cool Dude'." Then he said, "I'm going to yell at them "Cool Dude's, leave those Honey's alone!"
Well I almost started crying I was laughing so hard. What a cutie! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Powered by Blogger