Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Beau - 10, BLake 12, on the top of Maroon mt.(sp?)

Do you ever just glance over at you children and notice "holy crap, when did that happen?" They have grown about a foot, none of their clothes fit anymore and your not sure where you were when it happened?!?! It's usually about that time that I say sometime to them like "Who the heck told you you were allowed to grow-up? And what did you do with my baby?"

Jacob is only 4 months old and I never tire of holding him, snuggling him, kissing him and watching him because I know first hand how quickly time flies.

Sometime when I notice these things with my other children, I wish I could go back in time and hold them again, fall asleep with them in my arms wake up in the morning with them baby babbling at me as if they are telling me of a grand adventure they just had and they need tell me every detail. The way they look at you as if you are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful person god ever created. They way that when they are sad and only my hug and snuggles will do and a kiss can make any booboo go away......

I miss all that... I miss those moments... I miss them... My comfort is that they are growing into these really amazing people... I hope they never grow too old for mama's snuggles

"Babies Don't Keep"

Mother, of Mother, come shake out your cloth empty the dustpan, poison the moth,hang out the washing and butter the bread,sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue(lullaby, rockabye, lullaby loo).Dishes are waiting and bills are past due(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew and out in the yard there's a hullabaloobut I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
-- Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Powered by Blogger