Friday, June 09, 2006

Fire!

Guess what the kids and I were doing at a little after 11pm last night? yup watching a forest fire about a five minute drive away from our house. No worries though it is on the other side of the river from us. But my heat sure goes out to those who have houses at the bottom of this mountain. As I write this at about 3pm the next day I can hear helicopters still working away at it. Strange that this forest fire is in exactly the same pace as it was about 2 or 3 years ago. That time it was started by lightening but this time I'm not sure what started it as there isn't a cloud inthe sky... it would be interesting to know what happened this time. I know not a great picture but for some reason I couldn't get a clear one. I tell ya the darker it got outside the more intense the fire seemed, a little unnerving.
This morning we woke up to a beautiful day all the windows and doors open to let in the fresh air as it was a hot one last night and today looks like it might turn out the same. I took the kids for a walk on ferry island to look at the faces in the trees, wish I would have brought the camera as they are really neat carvings. Had a good it Kevin's mom and sister(and her son) came with us. It was nice but I sure felt sorry for Kevin's sister, she is 32 weeks pregnant and has sciatica so going on a walk can be a bit much. but no complaints out of her, what a trooper. Jacob is only 3 months old so it is still fresh in my mind how it feels to be her. I don't miss the aches and pains, thank you very much;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Powered by Blogger