Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Power of Believing

Ok I stole the picture from Amazon so ignore the "Click to look inside" part.

I have to share an epiphany I just had after reading some more from Jenny McCarthy's "Mother Warriors" book. In Chapter 20 She talks about "the power of believing" and making "the decision" to do biomedical treatments with her son. This chapter really speaks to me right now (metaphorically speaking). I really want to make some changes in my life and I've wanted to make them for a long time but I waver and don't always stick to my choices. But right now I really feel is the time to move forward. It's like the universe keeps putting thing's like this chapter in my path to help keep me motivated.




Chapter 20


"...if you are determined to heal your child and all of your focus is toward that goal, then your path will be with those who have recovered their children. Nowhere else. There is no second-guessing in this direction. There is no trying the diet halfway in this direction. There are NO excuses in this direction. I've seen families with six children incorporate the diet into their lifestyle. There is only focus, determination, faith, and a clear vision of the best possible outcome for the child.

The time is now to help our kids. Now. ...."



This reminds me that where there's a will there's a way and if they can commit to making these huge challenging changes in there lives, then for crying out loud why am I sitting here whining. I guess I have my wish bone where my back bone should be. (Yup, I read "Eat, Pray, Love". Good book)

She then goes on to talking about visualization and the Law of attraction.


"So take a look at your thoughts now. Are they negative? Are you second-guessing the possibilities? Or do you have that surge of hope and faith that your child, too, can be healed and get better? That's where you need to stay. That's where you need to keep that dial pointed, in this direction. Because the universe has no other choice than to make that your reality."



Like Gandhi says, "Be the change you wish to see in the world".


I'm ready to take the leap into the unknown. Wish me luck guys cause here I go...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Powered by Blogger