Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have a new nemisis.

OK, a couple of days ago I'm on the phone with my friend (who shall not be named as I'm not the kind of person who goes around slandering others;-) and she's telling me about this horrible mouse problem she's having. Being the good friend that I am I say, "Don't worry about it. You'll get the problem under control before you know it. Relax, it's no biggy..." Blah, blah, blah. You get what I mean. Then I go on to say, "we've been luck and haven't had any problems with them..."

Well low and behold, in the mids of said conversation, I get my first introduction to my new Nemesis we'll call him Bob. (since all arch enemy's need a name, right?) A Mouse! A freaking Mouse! Can you believe that?

"That's it 'friend' I'm not taking to you anymore! You're bringing me bad luck!" Ok maybe she didn't give me bad luck but come on, that was a little weird don't you think? ...Maybe mice are contagious, you know like a cold or flu. Yup, that's what I thought no matter how Bob got here it's my friend's fault. I won't hold it against her though and damaging her good name by pointing fingers *cough, cough, Sarah*

So under my kitchen table Bob slowly saunters across to floor. No kidding the jerk sauntered!! Not a fearful bone in his little body. So now I'm thinking he either he has rabies or he knows the truth about me. I'm a wimpy, mouse fearing, coward, who might actually throw up if forced to do something that involves getting too close. Dead or alive it makes no difference, he still yields such power over me... please be rabies, please be rabies, please be rabies. Ugh, no such luck. Someone told him the truth and now he is wandering my house proud as can be. Giving me a snooty snub every once in a while. I'm pretty sure he looks at me an says, "Whatever." and struts off.

You know the worst part? I think my big brave tom cat is his partner. (we've been keeping him outside). KC probably caught him one night and said, "Here's the deal, you go in there, run around for a bit. They'll be begging to have me back in there and I'll let you live.". You're a clever one KC.

So contrary to my sage advice a give to my friend, I am freaking out. And now prone to out bursts."I HATE YOU BOB!!" I shout at him shaking my fist, "One day soon I'm going to get a backbone and get you where you sleep! ...or under my table... or in my bowl of Captain Crunch! whatever you know what I'm trying to say! Just watch your back!"

I think the children I starting to worry about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Powered by Blogger